KING CANUTE AND HIS COURTIERS

Canute was a king of England. He had many courtiers. They were flatterer, saying all would obey him. But the king knew that they were flattering which were all false statements. He decided to teach them a lesson.
       Next day he told them to go with him to the sea-shore. The king said to them, "Look at the high waves of the sea". One of the courtiers said, "Order the sea, O king! You are to speak out only." The king smiled and shouted "You the rolling sea! I order you to stop your movements".
  But the sea showed indifference to the king's order and it waves back and forth as usual. Then the king said to the courtiers 'I know that such an order is useless and also meaningless. Still I did it only to show you that most of the things created by god obey him only. So, stop flattering and try to speak the truth however harsh it is". The courtiers could understand that the king was intelligent.

Moral : Don't trust flatterers.

Lob (Admin)

This site was launched on March 1, 2019. Today it is appreciated by millions of students. This site has changed a lot in the last two years and I have tried to do better every time.

Please Do Not Enter Any Span Link in The Comment Box

Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال